Enhance & Support
What is an Essential Oil?
Naturally found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants, dōTERRA® CPTG® Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils are 100% pure and used as a holistic approach to self care for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications. We provide natural solutions for a healthy lifestyle!Learn about the safety of essential oils by reading more here.
Essential oils can be very stimulating, calming or soothing when diffused or inhaled. They also cleanse & purify the air.
Additional aromatic uses For Essential Oils Include:
• Apply oil to a cotton ball and place in the air vents of your vehicle
• Mix oils in a spray bottle with water and mist over furniture, carpet, or linens
• Add oil to a batch of laundry or to dryer balls
• Use as household surface cleaners
Beneficial Areas You Can Apply Essential Oils
• Forehead and temples
• Chest and abdomen
• Arms, legs, bottom of feet
Other Effective Methods of Topical Application
• o Add a few drops of oil to Epsom salt then add mixture to a warm bath to evenly disperse in bath
• Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel or cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
• Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
Sensitive Areas to be Avoided:
• Some facial areas, such as the skin around the eyes
• Eyes, nose and inner ears
• Broken, damaged, or otherwise injured skin
Some essential oils can be used as dietary supplements for targeted wellness.
Effective Methods of Internal Application
• Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices
• Remember that essential oils are much more potent than dried or fresh herbs and spices, so start with a very small amount
• For more potent oils, it may be better to administer them by toothpicks (dip the end of a clean toothpick into the oil and then add to the food) rather than drops
• Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks
• Take essential oils internally in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yogurt